Friday, February 1, 2008

New year...new resolve...

2008...the older I get, the faster time flies. My children are growing by leaps and bounds...funny that I still feel like I am in my twenties, learning how to be a new parent and figuring this whole "life thing" out.
"The Business of Being Born" screening was a huge success! We had over 100 viewers and it felt great to do something for the good of the community. This film is powerful and moving and is a must-see for anyone who plans on having children.
This year I am hoping to allow myself to let go more, let life's challenges roll off my back, enjoy the simple, small moments, get really fit and love life like never before. I feel so blessed by what surrounds me in my family life, professional life and in my pursuits.
Midwifery still remains a passion for me and I am completely immersed in it. I am constantly trying to be a vessel through which wisdom, empathy and guidance flows. Just like a woman's body and mind have to open, literally and figuratively, in birth, I too have to be open to assist and enrich the mothers and babies which I attend. Forward thinking and pursuing life's passions...that's what its all about.

No comments: