Sunday, June 10, 2007

My 35th Birthday!


I celebrated my 35th birthday last week and, for the first time in all of my birthdays, I didn't want any recognition or presents. I realized that I have everything I could ever want in my three beautiful children and wonderful husband. My day was filled with an invigorating hike in Zion Nat'l Park on the Canyon Overlook Trail followed by lunch at our favorite coffee shop, Cafe Soleil, and then we visited with friends, who are also shopowners in Springdale. On the way home we stopped to get the kids ice cream. It was a beautiful, warm summer day and I felt fortunate to be alive and healthy, and most of all, happy. I am content with where I am at this point in my life. I am doing the three things I enjoy the most; being a mother, midwife and art teacher. Life has blessed me with these simple gifts and for that I am grateful. I don't need presents or accolades, just my family that loves me and a sense of peace and happiness that I am living a "life worth living"!
I have found that the most important thing in my life is good relationships. This applies to my spouse and children and extended family. Without good relations there seems to be a lack of honesty, integrity and true joy. I am trying to make every moment count and enjoy the small, simple things. What a great start to a busy summer!

No comments: